Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Getting Started with my Dream and AdvoCare!

Christmas of 2010, I decided I was not going to spend another Christmas fat and tired.  I knew what needed to be done, after all I had taught this stuff for two years.  I had gotten back into the same bad habits so quickly!  I was back to drinking my Dr. Pepper a day (20 oz).  I could not believe how easy it had sneaked back on.  Clay was about at the same point.  We both were at the heaviest we had ever been, except for the day I delivered the girls.  I guess you could say I was still struggling with my baby fat....HA!~after nearly 14 years.  I decided it was time to stop lying to myself and face this demon head on!  I knew I would need some help and luckily Clay was willing to change with me!
Clay and I set out to challenge each other.  My sweet friend, Jennifer, read something that I had posted on facebook (?) and called me.  This call would change our lives!  She introduced me to AdvoCare.  After looking at the company, their mission, and the products, I decided that I was ready.  Clay needed a little more time.  Almost instantly, I felt great.  After I did my 24 day challenge, stayed on product but was trying some different stuff.  I realized that I was not ready to venture on "my own".  So I went back to AdvoCare basic and I got Clay on product.  He said that he did notice a difference.  I started walking and within about 5 weeks had walked 100 miles.  To mark my milestone, I got a turtle for my Pandora bracelet, to remind me that this needs to be a slow and steady race. 
On April 23rd, Clay and I had a dinner date.  He asked me if he could do the 24 day challenge.  The emotion that welled up in me was almost more than I could bare.  He said that he saw how much better I felt and that my body was changing.  He and I will be doing this challenge together starting this week.
My mother and father in love started their challenge, Thursday, April 28th, and they are already noticing a difference.  Our very close friend, Jeff, will be starting his challenge this week too.  And I just got a text from a dear friend that she is ready!  I know this will be more fun and easier to do this with people we love and respect! 
I normally weigh on Mondays.  With all the news excitement I forgot!  So I weighed today~ and I finally hit the 31 pound mark.  I had struggled just hovering close to 30 pounds but today I finally busted thru that door and can'g wait to bust the 40 pound door too!!! 
This is the easiest thing I have ever done, and trust me when I say I have done a lot!!!!  You name it, I have more than likely done it!  My plan for this blog is to journal my journey.  I don't want to call it a weight loss journey but a journey.  And to make this a no return to my starting point journey. 
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing support team!  Our children are really supporting us in our venture to get healthy!  But it is so great to have family and friends supporting us and us also supporting them!
If this blog moves you to want join our journey, don't hesitate!  What do you have to loss?

1 comment: