Wednesday, May 4, 2011

153 miles

Yesterday, driving to swim practice the girls were looking at their ipads, I hear~ YOU HAVE A BLOG!  WOW! was not sure what to think. Mary Lane thought it was pretty cool that there was a counter and there was already about 70+ who had read my blog. Later, when we got home, Mary Lane had sent me an email stating that she thought it was pretty cool and she was looking forward to reading it each day~so make sure I keep it interesting.  OK Mary Lane, I hope you think this is considered interesting. And know that Mary Lane is watching my counter! ~HA!
Today, on my walk of 10 miles, I had time to think and pray.  I was very grateful for the incredible weather and the sunshine.  My mind and prays went to those, that a week ago, lost so much! 
This weekend, Excel Aquatics hosted a swim meet.  I had the opportunity to talk to some really incredible swimmers from Crisom Tide Aquatics(Tuscaloosa, AL).  Hearing their stories and how lucky they felt, my mind wandered to them today.  About the time of my walk, everything was pretty normal in Tuscaloosa a week ago, stormy yes, but it was still there.  What a difference a few hours make! A week later, there is so much in their lives that is not normal.  Some are going to schools but not theirs, no electricity, water~ but listening to their mayor yesterday, it was great that UBL was dead and that is great, but Tuscaloosa is more important~  those that lost their lives are the people that are foremost in Mayor Maddox's mind.  Those that lost everything are what is on Mayor Maddox's mind.  Rebuilding Tuscaloosa is what is on Mayor Maddox's mind.  And he is right, we can't lose focus on the fact that there is ton of rebuilding to be done in our wonderful southern states. 
On my personal thougths, I celebrate the small steps I keep making towards my goal.  I am grateful for how far I have already come.  But I will not lose focus on the fact that I still have a long way to go.  Today's walk, pushed me over halfway to my next goal of 200 miles.  Christmas of 2010, if someone had told me, I would have more energy, walking, loosing weight, etc and making money doing...I would have laughed in their face.  I am so grateful to Jennifer for showing me an incredible path that has already lead me to more than I could have imagine!  I am so grateful for those that she has introduced me to~Alison and Casey~ all your stories continue to imspire me to keep going!  I am so grateful to my wonderful friends Beth, Rhedonna, and Jill for their continued ata girl~ you go girl~ you can do it~ support.  You guys are amazing and I am so lucky to call you all friends!  And of course, my incredible family! 
~Mary Lane, I hope that was interesting enough for you!  Love both my sweet girls!

1 comment: