Monday, May 9, 2011

Breaking the Chains of Lies


Did you know that 90% of our behaviour is habitual?
That means that your habits, and not you, are in charge of your life.
The things you do every day are pretty much what you did yesterday and what you will do tomorrow.
If you aren’t happy with where you are in your life today, then change your habits.
One habit you should break is to stop lying to yourself and to only deal with reality.
Stop lying to yourself that you want to get in shape, but you haven’t gotten to the gym in months.
Stop lying to yourself that you want financial freedom but you haven’t bothered to do anything about it.
Stop lying to yourself that you want to change, but are still doing the exact same thing that you did yesterday and the day before and the day before that.
Stop lying to yourself that tomorrow will be different. It will be the same as today, unless you do something different.
It’s time to stop lying to yourself and change your habits. Start today. Do something different today so that your tomorrow will be different. Do something different tomorrow so the next day will be different.
Start taking control back.
Back in December of 2010, I read something very similar to this.  I decided right then that Christmas 2011 was going to be VERY different.  I tried very hard to do it on my own. But on February 3, 2011, I made a huge decision that has changed my life and now I can see that it is starting to change the lives around me and with the lives of the wonderful people God has placed on my path!  I am so grateful for the journey God has allowed me to take.  I guess what I was not expecting was how much me breaking my bad habits and trying to do the right thing for myself and my family, that this was going to make the devil mad.  I forgot that he loved it when I was lying to myself~whatever the lie might have been. I am grateful that when the devil rears his ugly head that, I am able to stop, drop, and pray! 
One thing that I had to remind myself today, Yeah, Christmas 2011 is going to be different.  But because I have made up my mind and working really hard~ TURTLE, slow and steady wins the race~ Christmas 2013 and all there after will be different.  I am so grateful for the support system that I have loving me, praying for me, and cheering me on!
Today, Clay and I started our 24 Day Challenge together! This is my second challenge and Clay's first. I have learned TONS since my last challenge.   I am not in the least ashamed to share my journey with world!  I have walked 160 miles to date and lost 31 pounds!   I am very proud of everything I have accomplished thus far, but will have to say the thing that I am most proud of....... I HAVE STOPPED LYING TO MYSELF!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment