Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Blessed the Broken Road

20 years ago today, Clay and I committed our lives to each other in front of our family, friends, and God.
In those 20 years, we have seen each other thru everything.  Things that words seem to small to truly express.  Looking back on our 20 years together, we know God had a huge plan to bring us together, bigger than we could have ever imagined.  On our anniversary, there is one thing that we are most proud~ as we have grown as an earthly family, our family has grown in His word and thru His word.  As bonded as our family is on this earth , we know that we are bonded for eternity with God thru His plan! 
This morning on my walk this song came on my ipod.  Now I have heard this song a million times and I love this song but today it spoke to me in a totally different way!  And I am so grateful for the broken road that was a part of His grander plan!
I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

I think about the years I spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true


 Clay and his parents
 Renda, Nancy, Me, Lynn, Tammy, Ann
 Ronnie, Dennis, Randy, Clay, Lane, Eddie

 Us with Granddaddy and Grandmother
 us with Aunt Lois and Nana
Me with Clay's band of Brothers!  These guys had only been back
from The Gulf for about 6 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment