Friday, October 14, 2011

My Thirteen

Second Post for the day ~ This week has been a weird week.  Looking at my training sheet, it was suppose to be an easy week.  Walking easy has been HARD!  I have done a lot of reading and praying!  Some of the readings have been in the form of some great articles.  There was one that really struck a chord with me~ 5 Mental Tips for a Half Marathon ~ tip 4 Remember the Big Why!  What I found interesting was a comment~ breaking down each mile for someone.  I had not thought about that!  Very Cool.  So Wednesday on my "easy" walk, I got to thinking about my 13 people.  12 came with no problem.  Number 13?  Who would I put in my mind for that mile?  Most people think 13 is unlucky.  When I got back, I was playing on facebook and read my friend's, John, post and he gave me number 13 without knowing!

My Thirteen

Mile 1~ Clay!  My best friend for over 21 years now! He makes me laugh and keeps me grounded!  He guides our family with tons of love!  He is the most amazing father to our beautiful daughters!  He does so much for his three girls!  Love this man!!!!    
Mile 2~ Mary Lane & Mile 3 Katherine~ They have inspired me for the last 14+years. They are the reason I breathe! 
Mile 4 ~ My Daddy~ He has been the love of my life for the last 46+ years!  His strength is amazing! 
Love this picture!!!

 Mile 5 ~ My cousin Al, who was a fighter! I miss him more than words can say!
Mile 6 ~ Mr. Roy! He was another fighter! And so missed!

Mile 7 ~ Miss OAT!  Tinsley is our amazing little friend that had open heart surgery in July!  She is stronger at age 3 than some people could ever hope to be!  I look forward to seeing her amazing life unfold!

My sweet friend Beth is Mile 8~ Her journey has been amazing to watch and very encouraging!  Now she encourages me thru mine!  I look forward to spending a little time with her tomorrow! 
Mile 9 ~ Annie~ She is my sweet friend that will be with me tomorrow!!!  She has encouraged me beyond belief!  She ran a FULL Marathon last SUNDAY! 

Mile 10 ~ Alison~ Tomorrow will be her first 1/2 marathon. Over the last year, she has lost over 100 pounds!  She has a beautiful smile and heart!!!!  Another friend that amazes me beyond belief! Love that God put us on each other's path! 

Mile 11 ~ Trenda ~ She has encouraged me and pushed me! She has been there to walk with me a lot of my miles!  She could have been running but she walked!  Now we can run more together!!!

Mile 12 ~ Jill ~  Love My CHEERLEADER! She had hoped to do this with me but who knew it would sell out in 11 days!  Cheer on fellow MSCC Cheerleader cause April it is you and me sista!

Mile 13~ no picture needed! Christ!  Thanks John Fields for reminding me that He hung on the cross for 6 hours for us!  Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.  I know that He will be with me thru the whole 13.1 miles but in the 13 mile ~ my mind will be focus totally on Him!  Thank you John for that wonderful reminder.

The last 1/10th ~ Once I get into the stadium and see the finish line~ that last 10th will be a reminder that not long ago that was more than I could run!  Hopefully, I will have a little something something in the tank to run it for ME!!!! 

Well, it is now less than 11hours till race time! So I think I will try very hard to get some rest! WOOHOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment