Monday, July 25, 2011

The Best Memory System

We have a wonderful church secretary who puts our bulletins together each week.  She also happens to be one of my closest friends.  I love her dearly and appreciate her for all that she is and all that she does. Each week in the bulletin, she puts an article, poem, funny story, etc.  She can find some really good ones.  It seems every Sunday, after reading the bulletin, I think~OH that is a GREAT one!  I need to remember that one or share that one.  Yesterday's came from Bulletin Digest.   So today I thought I would share......

The Best Memory System
 Forget each kindness that you do as soon as you have done it;
Forget the praise that falls to you the moment you have won it;
Forget the slander that you hear before you repeat it;
Forget each slight, each, spite, each sneer, wherever you may meet it.
Remember every kindness done to you, whatever its measure'
Remember the praise by others won, and pass it on with pleasure;
Remember every promise made and keep it to the letter;
Remember those who lend you aid and be a grateful debtor;
Remember all the happiness that comes your way in living;
Forget each worry and distress, be hopeful and forgiving;
Remember good, remember truth, remember heaven's above you,
and you'll find through age and youth that many hearts will love you.

It is funny that this was in yesterday's bullentin. ~Trying to raise my beautiful daughters to not feel that they are entitled in this life.  Showing them how to be grateful givers without expecting anything in return. Showing them how to express kindness without expecting it to be "made public".  Showing them to express their gratitude to those that show them kindness no matter how big or how small.  Helping them understand that some people show their insecurites thru some ugly ways and sometimes it is better and OK to just walk away as opposed to get caught up in it.   And the hardest of all~ Reminding them that God has given them an incredible gift and it is how they use that gift that they express their gratitude to God.  And I am grateful for God's blessings~ My friends who love me for me, my family who love me for me, and my Lord who loves me for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment